The Ohio Champions League (OCL), started in 2009, is designed for youth soccer teams above the recreational level between the ages of U-07 and U-15. This season, we are pleased to be expanding "up" to include the Central Ohio Premier League (COPL). The COPL will include the top teams from the top clubs in the Central Ohio area. Nearly all of these teams are professionally-coached teams.
The COPL will offer an Elite Division for top level teams and a Premier Division for mid level teams. The Ohio Champions League will continue to offer the Blue Division for the upper level teams, the Red Division for mid-level teams and the White Division for lower level teams. In the Spring 2019 season, we expect to offer a full program up through U-19.
The primary mission of the OCL is to provide an enjoyable soccer environment for a wide range of players desiring to play above the basic community-based recreational program. The OCL provides its teams, coaches, parents and players with tremendous flexibility in terms of game scheduling dates/times, opponents (including younger/older aged-teams as desired by the coaches), number of games, etc. The league allows for in-season roster flexibility as well.
The primary mission of the COPL is to provide a competitive local soccer environment for the upper and mid-level teams from some of the top clubs in Central Ohio that will play games in Central Ohio. The COPL will offer teams with the opportunity to play against upper level and mid-level competition right here in Central Ohio without playing "home games" 60 miles from Columbus. The COPL will share many of the qualities of the OCL including flexibility in scheduling, roster flexibility and a willingness to be flexible to work for the benefit for all teams.
Teams from the OCL will be able to schedule games with COPL teams. Players will be able to move freely between the two programs within the same club.
In addition, the OCL and COPL will offer a joint season-ending tournaments at the end of each Fall and Spring season.
Should you have further questions about the OCL, please feel free to send us an e-mail
should you have any questions.
Ken and KC McMahon
URGENT MESSAGE CONCERNING PARKING
Do NOT park on the Shoulder of Scioto Darby OR the Businesses across the street. You will be ticketed and may be towed.
We fully realize that the parking situation is far from ideal as we were expecting officer coverage all day. At the same time, the Hilliard Police Chief is quite adamant about the parking situation.
Please pass this message along to your fellow parents.
1. Please continue moving to the back of the park until you find an open space. Please do NOT block traffic waiting for a spot!!! Be kind to your fellow parents.
2. Trophies will be awarded just across the parking lot from the White Building.
3. T-Shirts will be available adjacent to the trophies.
4. Food will be available in the inside of the parking lot near the White Building.
5. Please car pool if possible!
B. Head-to-head. IF three or more teams are tied, head-to-head is only used if one team has beaten ALL other teams (UNLESS, one or more teams can be eliminated at one level, in which case, we do revert back to head-to-head with the remaining two TIED teams.
C. Goal Differential (using the 4-goal max. differential scores).
D. Goals Allowed (using the 4-gaol max. differential scores).
E. PK Shootout (three kickers)
7. If Championship Games (NOT Pool or Round Robin Games) are TIED at the end of regulation, the game shall go immediatedly to PKs (three kickers -- kickers need not be on the field)
8. First/Second Place Trophies are awarded in each DIVISION. In some cases (B08A/B08B, for example), there is a Championship game for EACH B08A and B08B. For 5-team divisions, the standings are based on the tie-breakers above. For the B11W division, there is also a 3rd place game because that division is the only 8-team division.
9. Be prepared for inclement weather. We MUST stop if we see lightning or hear thunder -- regardless of direction, duration or "likely" threat -- for 30 minutes from the most recent striker.
10. If we have a lightning delay, the fields MUST be cleared, immediately. Players AND PARENTS are to go to cars -- not huddle under a tent!
11. We will use this broadcast mechanism to update everyone on game/tournament status. DO NOT listen to REFEREES regarding game "completeness" (i.e. "the game is in the 2nd half, therefore the game is over"). While these statements MAY be accurate, we will broadcast the decision as soon as we have information.
12. We may have to shorten/cancel games today based on the weather and the amount of daylight remaining. Please understand we will do our best to get as much soccer in today as we can.
Teams playing tonight on D1 and D2 are moving to HSP-02 and HSP-03 -- lines aren't great, but the turf is! Several other folks are moving with the Complex. PLEASE take a minute and doublecheck the schedules on the spreadsheet. Thanks.
About 95% of the games have been loaded. We are in the process of assigning fields, now. Next week, the referee game assigning process will begin. If you have NOT yet re-certfied, we will be offering a class in Hilliard next month. In addition, there are other sessions available as well. We will publish other dates over the next day or two. Thanks.