The Ohio Champions League (OCL), started in 2009, is designed for youth soccer teams above the recreational level between the ages of U-07 and U-15. This season, we are pleased to be expanding "up" to include the Central Ohio Premier League (COPL). The COPL will include the top teams from the top clubs in the Central Ohio area. Nearly all of these teams are professionally-coached teams.
The COPL will offer an Elite Division for top level teams and a Premier Division for mid level teams. The Ohio Champions League will continue to offer the Blue Division for the upper level teams, the Red Division for mid-level teams and the White Division for lower level teams. In the Spring 2019 season, we expect to offer a full program up through U-19.
The primary mission of the OCL is to provide an enjoyable soccer environment for a wide range of players desiring to play above the basic community-based recreational program. The OCL provides its teams, coaches, parents and players with tremendous flexibility in terms of game scheduling dates/times, opponents (including younger/older aged-teams as desired by the coaches), number of games, etc. The league allows for in-season roster flexibility as well.
The primary mission of the COPL is to provide a competitive local soccer environment for the upper and mid-level teams from some of the top clubs in Central Ohio that will play games in Central Ohio. The COPL will offer teams with the opportunity to play against upper level and mid-level competition right here in Central Ohio without playing "home games" 60 miles from Columbus. The COPL will share many of the qualities of the OCL including flexibility in scheduling, roster flexibility and a willingness to be flexible to work for the benefit for all teams.
Teams from the OCL will be able to schedule games with COPL teams. Players will be able to move freely between the two programs within the same club.
In addition, the OCL and COPL will offer a joint season-ending tournaments at the end of each Fall and Spring season.
Should you have further questions about the OCL, please feel free to send us an e-mail
should you have any questions.
Ken and KC McMahon
Update on Schedule
We are rapidly moving ahead with the finalization of the COPL/OCL Spring 2019 Regular Season Game Schedule. Here are some major updates:
1. The Worthington United/Worthington United 94 Home Games have been assigned, when fields are available
2. The Club Ohio, Dublin United and OP Dublin home fields have been tentatively added
* A number of game start times were modified (by up to ONE HOUR) in order to be able to stack fields/referees
* Teams need to review their schedules to ensure that we have not created conflicts for teams
* There are significant field availability issues during the Archery Events (that's right, ARCHERY -- who knew?) in Dublin May 9th - May 19th
* May 13th - May 19th is particularly problematic
* We are actively working with the DSL and the City to provide facilities for these dates
3. There are still a number of teams seeking additional games including:
* Delaware Knights GU12 team
* Locomotive BU15 team
* Dublin United Lady Destroyers GU15 team and other teams in the age group due to a late team drop
* GCKA BU18 team -- a very young high school team with mainly U-15/U-16 players
* There are a few others -- PLEASE consider adding a game if a request is made as many games tend to get rained out during the Spring
* Please reach out to these teams if you can. The league may step in and attempt to make minor schedule modifications in order to get teams games.
4. We are about to start assigning referees to games
* Referees need to get their forms completed if they wish to be a part of the intial game assigning process
About 95% of the games have been loaded. We are in the process of assigning fields, now. Next week, the referee game assigning process will begin. If you have NOT yet re-certfied, we will be offering a class in Hilliard next month. In addition, there are other sessions available as well. We will publish other dates over the next day or two. Thanks.