The Ohio Champions League (OCL) is a youth soccer league with nearly 200 teams ranging in age from U-07 to U-14. This season, we are pleased to welcome teams from the Central Ohio Select Soccer League (COSSL) into our program. These teams are nearly all professionally-coached teams. They will be a welcome addition to our league.
As our program has continued to evolve, professional training and/or coaching has become more prevalent each season. While most of the teams in the program are parent-coached, nearly all have access to professional trainers either for individual player skill development or team technical or tactical training. Most of our U-07 to U-09 teams are professionally-coached club-level teams.
The primary mission of the OCL is to provide an enjoyable soccer environment for a wide range of players desiring to play above the basic community-based recreational program. The OCL provides its teams, coaches, parents and players with tremendous flexibility in terms of game scheduling dates/times, opponents (including younger/older aged-teams as desired by the coaches), number of games, etc. The league allows for in-season roster flexibility as well.
In addition, the league sponsors season-ending tournaments at the end of each Fall and Spring season.
Beginning with the Spring 2012 season, the OCL is partnering with a brand new referee association -- the Mid Ohio Soccer Officials Association (MOSOA) -- in order to provide a development environment for our referee community as well.
Should you have further questions about the OCL, please feel free to send us an e-mail
Natalie Baker Stellini and Ken McMahon
Updates for Day 2 of the OCL Tournament
I would like to share a number of important announcements for tomorrow:
* Due to the anticipated weather challenges and the rain we received today, NO WARMING UP ON THE FIELD on Sunday before the game or at half time.
* REMEMBER: Leave your pets at home!
* REMEMBER: Park in marked spaces (or in the grass) at Headley Park.
* REMEMBER: Do NOT park on McCutcheon in front of McCorkle Park. If lot is full at McCorkle, use address 349 Old Ridenour Road, Gahanna, OH...Go 200 yards beyond and lot will be on left (and you will be fairly close to the fields).
* The U-10 Boys White Division schedule has been posted on the site. The winner of the 10:30 AM game on Field 15 will get a "bonus game" at 11:40 AM.
* ALL teams play one or two games on Sunday regardless of the results on Saturday.
* Be prepared for schedule modifications in the event of INCLEMENT WEATHER.
* Games scheduled for Field HE-01 are being moved to HE-03 due to some bumpy conditions on HE-01.
* Trophies awarded (at the park of a team's final game) for 1st/2nd place for all 3, 4, 5 and 6 team divisions and 3rd/4th for all 8 and 9 team divisions.
* ALL online scores are available by hovering over TEAM, selecting Ohio Champions League, then selecting the age group and division. Click on results and/or standings.
* REMEMBER: If a team has already played the team they play in the additional game, the scores of the two games will be aggregated. In other words, if Team A beats Team B 4-2 in the preliminary pool play round and loses to Team B 2-1 in the additional game, Team A wins the division by virtue of holding a 5-4 overall goals advantage.
Documentation for Tournament Added and a Message to All
I have updated the schedule online and under DOCUMENTS on the site. In order to view:
1. Hover over LEAGUE on the home page,
2. Click on DOCUMENTS,
3. Click on the OCL Spring 2015 League Tournament Folder
You will find maps of the area surrounding the fields, field maps for Headley Park, the game schedule (including championship games) by division, and the tournament rules.
REMINDER: NO DOGS this weekend (no different than Soccer First).
A few other important notes:
1. In the event of weather delays, we will be updating THIS SITE with messages, updating schedules if needed, etc.
2. Please keep the game fun for all. Act if is your "boss" is standing beside you this weekend. Proper conduct is expected. Yelling at referees will make the referees WORSE not better. Many high level tournaments are going on this weekend including the Ohio South State Cup. 20 or so of the top referees from Central Ohio are at that tournament. There is a Crew tournament this weekend with players up through U-18 participating. There is another league tournament in town. We have secured the best referees available. They will make mistakes. Please remember this is a youth soccer tournament.
3. We will be updating the website all weekend with scores. We will make every effort to get the scores entered within 20 minutes of the end of the game, but this is not always possible.
4. If teams need to navigate between parks in a tight timeframe, we will allow the teams to safely travel between facilities.
5. ENJOY THE WEEKEND!!! Before you know it, the kids will be gone and you will miss watching them play!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING PETS THIS WEEKEND!!!
Parents and Coaches,
A number of notes concerning the schedule:
1. I will be updating the "document" part of the schedule by tomorrow. This will contain the final game information as well as pool play.
2. I am also working on getting field maps AND directions between the parks which I hope to have loaded by tomorrow afternoon.
3. There are still a few minor "tweaks" being made to the schedule. Please us the schedule of games for your team as opposed to the "high level" schedule.
4. There are a number of park rules. Here they are:
· On all of our athletic fields we do not allow pets, patrons with pets are subject to a $112 fine/ticket.
· Visitors must park in designated spaces, all vehicles parked in either “No Parking” signed areas or outsite of designated parking locations are subject to getting tickets and/or towed.
· Both these policies are ongoing points of emphasis with all of our sports leagues & tournaments including the GSA soccer league. Recently Police were asked to patrol the athletic complexes and ticket patrons that are out of compliance.
OCL Spring 2015 Referee Availability Form Ready and Updated!
The OCL Spring 2015 Referee Form is now available. I have updated the form to get around the phone number issue (you can now insert dashes or '.' in the phone number). Please click here for access to the form. If you have additional questions, please e-mail email@example.com.
Apparently, the process for adding a game, changing a game or dropping a game has been dropped from the site. It is being added back in to avoid any errors in communication for these schedule modifications. First of all, the chief reason why the OCL needs to get involved is to increase the likelihood that all THREE TEAMS (home team, away team and REFEREE team) all arrive at exactly the same field, on the same day at the same time. We are not trying to be onerous, but we have had teams simply cancel a game without notifying either of the other two teams.
Here is the process:
1. E-mail your future potential opponent with a requested modification to the existing schedule by using the OCL GAME ADD, OCL GAME DROP or OCL GAME CHANGE in the subject line.
2. Include the following in the body of the e-mail:
A. Currently scheduled DATE (if DROP or CHANGE),
B. Currently scheduled TIME (if DROP of CHANGE),
C. Currently scheduled FIELD including complex and field number (if DROP or CHANGE),
D. Currently scheduled HOME TEAM (full name, please) (if DROP or CHANGE),
E. Currently scheduled AWAY TEAM (full name, please) (if DROP or CHANGE),
F. Proposed new DATE (N/A if DROP),
G. Proposed new TIME (N/A if DROP),
H. Proposed new FIELD including complex and field number (N/A if DROP),
I. Proposed new HOME TEAM (full name, N/A if DROP),
J. Proposed new AWAY TEAM (full name, N/A if DROP).
3. If you do NOT have a field, yet, please provide all other information.
4. Once you have received a REPLY with a CONFIRMATION that the GAME ADD, GAME DROP or GAME CHANGE has been agreed to, request a field from your field coordinator by forwarding the e-mail with your specific request to them (MAKE SURE TO SPECIFY A FIELD SIZE of 6v6, 8v8 or 11v11)!
5. After you have received the e-mail back confirming the availability of the field (obviously not required for a GAME DROP), forward that e-mail on to:
A. The opposing Coach/Team Admin
Once the game has been ADDED, DROPPED or CHANGED, you will receive an e-mail confirmation for the OCL Site.
If you have any questions, please contact Natalie Stellini (Text is best) at 614-499-4352